Not Your Ordinary Entryway Cheer :: Photo by Julia M. Usher
Color Me Christmas:
In Traditional Red and Green
You might be dreaming of a white Christmas, but I prefer the traditional red and green - for decorating, that is! These colors cheer up even the dreariest of winter days; they’re naturally found in nature, which often means cheaper, faster decorations (think: hand-cut evergreens and berries); and, better yet, they coordinate perfectly with the palette of my house!
I swear, not more than a week ago I declared to my Facebook friends that I wasn’t going all-out this year. Too much travel, not enough time, yada yada . . . I’d just slap my quirky 50s-era masonite wreath (next page) on the front door, and that would have to be fine. But once I latched onto this easy red and green idea (with a Santa subtext), I soon found myself on overdrive.
Challenge Calendar :: Design by Julia M. Usher
Christmas Countdown Decorating Challenge
On Cookie Connection!
It’s never too early to start planning for Christmas, especially when that planning involves a challenge with over $700 worth of prizes! (Yes, over $700. You heard me right!)
Thanks to the very generous support of several sponsors, this, my second, Cookie Connection decorating challenge is a doozy - one you’ll want to gear up for now! Even though I won’t officially accept any entries until November 25, I wanted to give you plenty of design time since there are so many ways to win. Speaking of which, let’s talk about those prizes . . .
What’s Up For Grabs?
Over the course of December, 25 lucky finalists - one for each day in the lead up to Christmas - will get featured in a Cookie Connection weekly Saturday Spotlight. But that’s not it. Once all 25 finalists have been announced on December 28, three winners (a first, second, and third place) will be determined by popular vote between December 28 and January 4 (5 pm central time). See the handy calendar above for a visual.
Julia's New App Giveaway :: Photos by Steve Adams
New App Celebration Giveaway!
My word, putting together my new cookie decorating app has been like birthing a baby! But it’s finally done and ready to push out into the world (so to speak)!
To help spread the word about its birth, I’m running a little Rafflecopter giveaway from today (November 7, 5 pm central) until November 14, 5 pm central, which you can enter on my Facebook page or via the link on the next page.
Rafflecopter will present you with all the various ways you can enter, but (hint, hint) the more things you do (tweet, write a blog comment, etc.), the greater your odds of winning! Entrants have the chance to win one of the following five prizes, which have a combined retail value of over $150. Just think of the Christmas gift potential - if not for you, then for someone else! (Of course, skipping the giveaway and buying the app is fair game too! ;) It’s just $6.99.)
- First Prize: A promo code to access the app, both of my books (Ultimate Cookies and Cookie Swap), and my DVD video series ($70-plus value)
- Second Prize: A promo code to access the app and both of my books (Ultimate Cookies and Cookie Swap) ($50-plus value)
- Third Prize: A promo code to access the app and my book Cookie Swap ($25-plus value)
- Honorable Mention (Awarded Twice): A promo code to access the app ($7 value)
- Julia’s got a new channel on YouTube, where she’s proud to be a . . .
- She’s also over the moon about Cookie Connection, her new online cookie decorating community. Join here (it’s free) and grab a badge.
- And her new app! Now here!
- Are you a culinary pro looking to expand your career? Julia thinks IACP is for you.
- Browse Julia’s other sweet links:
- Ultimate Cookies DVD
- Ultimate Cookies Book
- Upcoming Events
- 2013 OSSAS Talk
- 2012 Cookie Con Talk
- Julia’s Book Marketing Tips