Introducing Cookie Connection!
I must say, I’m a little nervous about unveiling this, my latest, labor of love - mostly because I’m hoping you’ll all love it as much as I’ve come to after living and breathing it for the last one to two months. But . . . “Here it is!” (said with wavering voice). “It” is Cookie Connection, an online community and special place to learn, share, and celebrate the art of cookie decorating.
Cookie Connection is my small attempt to bring the passionate world of cookiers closer together by placing photos, blogs, videos, chats, tutorials, and other resources all in one spot. What Cookie Connection will become is really up to all of us. I’ll seed it with content (cookier interviews, contests, tutorials, live chats, etc.) from time to time. But I really want it to be a place for our community to freely give of itself and to get increased acknowledgement and exposure for all of the brilliant work it is doing.
I hope you’ll jump right in (here; it’s free!), share your cookie stuff, and spread the word to any and all who you think will enjoy!
Stay with me for a bit . . .
I claim no credit for the idea, the platform on which the site resides, the graphic design, or the financial support to make it all happen. Instead, I have a TON of people to thank:
- First, Jaci Baynes Harper (aka Ali’s Sweet Tooth), who gave me the idea back in April along with the courage and confidence to do it;
- Hoop.la, the community-based platform that powers the site, and the many supremely service-oriented folks who work for this company;
- Elizabeth Watt of Pretty Sweet Designs, a consummate professional with an eye for beauty and detail (she designed the site banner, logo, backdrop, and badges);
- the cadre of wonderful cookiers who jumped on the site early to provide feedback and work out the kinks, in alphabetical order: Liz Adams (Arty McGoo), Glory Albin (Glorious Treats), Jaci Baynes Harper (Ali’s Sweet Tooth), Penny Knapik (Lucky Penny), Marian Poirier (Sweetopia), Michele Shoup (Bakeskool), Kip Simpson and the BRP team, Pam Sneed (CookieCrazie), Amber Spiegel (SweetAmbs), Mike and Karen Summers (Karen’s Cookies), and Elizabeth Watt (Pretty Sweet Designs); and, last but not least,
- those who have so generously sponsored the site: BRP Box Shop, Designer Stencils, and Fancy Flours.
I am very grateful to all of you.
Oh, how could I forget?! The site has some REALLY cool features, but my favorite is the real-time trending of the most popular photos, videos, blog posts, and other content on the site. These “Hot Spots,” as I call them, can be embedded in any other site. So no matter where you are, you can see all of the action on Cookie Connection!
Now, please, go and enjoy the site and its other features, and let me know what you think!
Love 3D cookies
By Kathy on February 14, 2017
Hi, Kathy! I love 3-D cookies too, as you can probably tell! :)
By Julia M Usher on February 14, 2017
I love to decorate cookies…I like your work.
By Yoli Santiago on February 20, 2017
Thanks so much, Yoli!